Places to Eat
In South Champaign/ Savoy (close to the I-Hotel):
- Yellow Fin: Sushi, sashimi, and Korean food at low prices.
- B-Won: Korean food, slightly pricey.
- Jarling’s Custard Cup: A local tradition
- Za’s: Chain Italian fast food.
- Sweet Indulgence Bakery: Pastries and cakes, on Kirby and Duncan.
In Downtown Champaign:
- Radio Maria: Fusion food.
- Jim Gould: Specializes in steak.
- Nitaya Thai: Thai food.
- Sushi Kame
- Farren’s Bar and Restaurant: Great burgers, decent beer selection.
- Escobar’s: On the pricey end of things, but good Latin American food.
- Peking Garden: Good Chinese food—not take out necessarily, but quite reasonably priced.
- Cafe Luna: Across the street from the train station, good fine dining
In Downtown Urbana:
- Black Dog: Simply the Best BBQ restaurant in Champaign-Urbana.
- Crane Alley: They have a nice beer selection, good burgers and great Italian beef. Also have pool tables and nice outdoor seating.
- Courier Café: The best fries and shakes in town, a great value for money
- Siam Terrace: Thai food
- La Gourmandise: French-style bistro
- Mirabelle Bakery: Very good bread.
- SilverCreek Restaurant: Fine dinner restaurant.
- Evo Café: Good Asian food.
- Zorbas: Great gyros and fries
- Illini Union Food-Court
- Murphy’s Pub: One of the better Campustown bar, good specials, decent, good price.
- Woori Jib: Great Korean barbecue.
- Dorcas: Another Korean restaurant.
- Jerusalem: Middle Eastern food, great kebabs.