Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop at Illinois
The 2015 Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop @Illinois will be on Saturday and Sunday October 17 and 18 in the IHotel at the University of Illinois. This will be a day-and-a-half event with a keynote speaker luncheon one day and a panel discussion luncheon the other.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS!!
Submit an abstract to present at the seventh year of Heartland@Illinois!
Deadline for Abstract Submissions: August 1, 2015
Instructions for Abstract Submissions:
Email a one-page abstract to Heartland@illinois.eduby August 1, 2015
- Put “Heartland Abstract” in the subject line of the email
- On a cover page, give: authors’ names, contact information, and titles; name of presenter; paper title; two keywords
- On the second page, give a one-page abstract of the paper to be presented
- Use either .pdf or MSWord format
- Indicate in your email whether your submission is for a long presentation, 8-minute “short,” or poster. If you prefer a long presentation, tell us if you would be willing to give a “short” or display a poster if the abstract is not accepted for the long format.
- Some travel subsidies are available to speakers with long paper presentations (especially grad students); if you wish to be considered for a subsidy, please explain in the email in which you submit your abstract.
Long presentations should be of research that is at least in first-draft form. Eight-minute shorts and posters are perfect for communicating anything from new ideas to finished work. Abstract selection will be complete with all authors notified of the final program by late August.
The Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop will be held for the seventh year at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on October 17 – 18, 2015. Topics for contributed paper sessions will be chosen based on the submissions we receive. The day-and-a-half long workshop (mid-morning Saturday through mid-afternoon Sunday) will feature:
- A luncheon with keynote speaker Arik Levinson (Georgetown Univ.)
- A luncheon with panel discussion featuring Kenneth Gillingham (Yale), Matt Harding (Duke), and Sofia Villas-Boas (UC Berkeley)
- Multiple sessions of contributed 20-minute paper presentations
- One set of 8-minute short research presentations
- Research posters displayed during breakfast and breaks
- Numerous breaks to share ideas and develop new collaborations
- Dinner available to all attendees on the night in between the two days of presentations
The goals of Heartland@Illinois are, as always, to stimulate research and build community in environmental economics with some focus on the Midwest. The workshop will bring people together to exchange ideas and foster new collaborations. Through selected paper sessions, it will identify pressing public policy issues and emerging research themes on environmental and resource economics. Finally, it will provide networking and development opportunities for graduate students and early career faculty in environmental and resource economics.
Registration numbers are limited to keep the size of the event conducive to active exchange of ideas. We hope to see you in Champaign-Urbana in October.
2015 Organizing Committee: Professors Amy W. Ando, Kathy Baylis, Madhu Khanna, and Erica Myers from the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics at the University of Illinois.
2015 Sponsors: The Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, the College of ACES Office of Research, and the Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment at the University of Illinois.