Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop at Illinois
Abstract Submissions Are Closed
The 2014 Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop @Illinois will be on Saturday and Sunday November 1 and 2 in the IHotel at the University of Illinois. This will be a day-and-a-half event with a keynote speaker luncheon one day and a panel discussion luncheon the other.
Abstract selection will be complete with all authors notified of the final program by early September.
The Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop will be held for the sixth year at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on November 1 – 2, 2014. Topics for contributed paper sessions will be chosen based on the submissions we receive. The day-and-a-half long workshop (mid-morning Saturday through mid-afternoon Sunday) will feature:
- A luncheon with keynote speaker on energy & climate change: Gilbert Metcalf (Tufts University)
- A luncheon with panel discussion of issues at the energy/environment nexus: Ryan Kellogg (University of Michigan), Charles Mason (University of Wyoming), Karen Palmer (RFF)
- Multiple sessions of contributed 20-minute paper presentations
- One set of 8-minute short research presentations
- Research posters displayed during breakfast and breaks
- Numerous breaks to share ideas and develop new collaborations
- Dinner available to all attendees on the night in between the two days of presentations
The goals of Heartland@Illinois are, as always, to stimulate research and build community in environmental economics with some focus on the Midwest. The workshop will bring people together to exchange ideas and foster new collaborations. Through selected paper sessions, it will identify pressing public policy issues and emerging research themes on environmental and resource economics. Finally, it will provide networking and development opportunities for graduate students and early career faculty in environmental and resource economics.
Registration numbers are limited to keep the size of the event conducive to active exchange of ideas. We hope to see you in Champaign-Urbana in November.
2014 Organizing Committee: Professors Amy W. Ando, Kathy Baylis, Madhu Khanna, and Erica Myers from the Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics at the University of Illinois.
2014 Sponsors: The Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, the College of ACES Office of Research, and the Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment at the University of Illinois.