Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop at Illinois
The 2015 Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop @Illinois will be on Saturday and Sunday October 17 and 18 in the IHotel at the University of Illinois. This will be a day-and-a-half event with a keynote speaker luncheon one day and a panel discussion luncheon the other.
THE FINAL PROGRAM IS POSTED ON THE AGENDA PAGE
REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL WE REACH CAPACITY!
To register, fill out the form on the registration page and email it to Heartland@illinois.edu
The Heartland Environmental and Resource Economics Workshop will be held for the seventh year at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on October 17 – 18, 2015. Topics for contributed paper sessions will be chosen based on the submissions we receive. The day-and-a-half long workshop (mid-morning Saturday through mid-afternoon Sunday) will feature:
- A luncheon with keynote speaker Arik Levinson (Georgetown Univ.)
- A luncheon with panel discussion featuring Kenneth Gillingham (Yale), James Sallee (U Chicago), and Sofia Villas-Boas (UC Berkeley)
- Multiple sessions of contributed 20-minute paper presentations
- One set of 8-minute short research presentations
- Research posters displayed during breakfast and breaks
- Numerous breaks to share ideas and develop new collaborations
- Dinner available to all attendees on the night in between the two days of presentations
The goals of Heartland@Illinois are, as always, to stimulate research and build community in environmental economics with some focus on the Midwest. The workshop will bring people together to exchange ideas and foster new collaborations. Through selected paper sessions, it will identify pressing public policy issues and emerging research themes on environmental and resource economics. Finally, it will provide networking and development opportunities for graduate students and early career faculty in environmental and resource economics.
Registration numbers are limited to keep the size of the event conducive to active exchange of ideas. We hope to see you in Champaign-Urbana in October.
2015 Organizing Committee: Professors Amy Ando, Kathy Baylis, Peter Christensen, Sandy Dall’erba, Tatyana Deryugina, Don Fullerton, Madhu Khanna, and Erica Myers from the University of Illinois.
2015 Sponsors: The Department of Agricultural and Consumer Economics, the College of ACES Office of Research, the Institute for Sustainability, Energy, and Environment, and the Gutsgell Endowed Professor Fund at the University of Illinois.